When you think about the health benefits of coconut oil, we’re going to guess that the last thing that comes to mind is rubbing the edible plant grease all over your face.
Or your arms. Or your hair. But a growing body of research, countless experts, and an army of natural beauty devotees swear by the stuff for just about everything.
According to experts, coconut oil is used in many natural beauty products, and for good reason: It’s naturally antibacterial and antifungal, it’s an excellent moisturizer, it can penetrate hair better than other oils, and, well, it smells like cookies.
Filipinos are well-known for their youthful appearance and soft, wrinkle-free skin, even though they live in a climate that exposes them to the sun’s rays year round. Skin cancer is basically unknown in the Philippines, even with all of their exposure to the tropical sun.
Since coconut oil is their main dietary oil and is also the main ingredient in their skin care products, one must take a closer look at how Virgin Coconut Oil provides skin health.
In today’s post we share twenty of the best DIY health and beauty recipes that we found in the Everyday Roots Book (107 everyday uses for Coconut Oil) made with coconut oil that don’t require spending a fortune on store-bought products. In fact, all you need is one thing: Raw (and preferably organic) virgin coconut oil.
- To soothe dry hands. This won’t work for dry digits when you’re on the go, but at home, coconut oil can work wonders on your dishwashing-parched hands. It gives much-needed nourishment to make your hands softer and smoother.
- To clean your face. Because coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, moisturizing and, according to research, great for atopic dermatitis, many women swear by its use as a nighttime moisturizer for their face, too. Try the double-cleansing method: Simply rub the oil in circular motions all over your face and neck, giving yourself a gentle massage as you go. When you’re done, wash off the residue with your favorite cleanser. (If you’re adult-acne prone, avoid this technique unless you know your skin tolerates coconut oil.)
- Overnight Skin Care with Coconut Oil. This overnight ritual will refresh, clean, and free your skin from impurities. It nourishes the skin and gets rid of grime, dirt, and bacteria.
- 2 Ingredient Eye Cream. This eye cream makes wonders for tired and stressed eyes. This is by far cheaper than the store bought versions and contains no chemicals either!
- To remove eye makeup. Yes, coconut oil even works on waterproof mascara! Put a little coconut oil on a cotton ball and gently sweep it over your eyes, paying attention to your under-eyes as well. The oil does a great job breaking down waxy, inky eye makeup, and leaves the delicate area hydrated, too. Once you’re done, wash your face as usual.
- Homemade Mascara. Have you ever imagined you can make your own homemade mascara from a few simple ingredients including the wonderful coconut oil? This rivals any store bought versions because you know exactly what goes into it, so there are no hidden secrets.
- To shave your legs. Conventional shaving cream is an expensive cocktail of chemicals that you don’t need to get a nice clean shave on your legs or underarms. Coconut oil, on the other hand, is inexpensive, naturally antimicrobial, and smells divine. Plus, its skin-soothing properties will leave your legs looking hydrated (but never greasy).
- As a body moisturizer. A recent animal study found that when applied topically, virgin coconut oil can speed up wound healing, and a human study found it to be effective in increasing hydration and reducing water loss in a seriously dry skin. Sounds like a recipe for a really good lotion to us! It smells delicious, is very affordable, and leaves the skin feeling nourished and smooth.
- For a little rubdown. Many store-bought massage oils have either coconut or jojoba oil as their base. Cut out the middleman and go straight to the bottle. It’s slippery, skin-friendly, and moisturizing, too.
- In a luscious body scrub. Here’s a little DIY beauty secret: That store-bought body scrub you save for special occasions? It’s a waste of money. That’s because you can make one yourself with ingredients you already have in your kitchen. It’s wonderfully moisturizing, great for the skin, inexpensive, and blissfully absent of chemicals you can’t pronounce! To make your own, melt ½ c of coconut oil at very low heat. Pour it over 1 c of brown sugar or salt and stir well. If you have some on hand, add in five drops of your favorite essential oil or some pure vanilla extract for a scrub so fragrant you’ll want to eat it.
- Whipped Coconut Oil Cellulite Cream. Cellulite is a problem that affects many women. This easy to make cream helps get rid of those stubborn dimples.
- Homemade Liquid Hand Soap. Making your own liquid hand soap is far better for your family compared to store bought versions, and it will also save you loads on your grocery bills! The moisturizing effect of the coconut oil makes your hands soft and clean every time you wash them.
- As a deep conditioner. There’s a reason many conditioners contain coconut oil: It’s more able to penetrate hair (and prevent protein loss) than mineral and sunflower oil, according to research. Apply a quarter-size dollop to your hair, comb it, and then pile it into a loose bun. You’ll want to place a soft towel over your pillow or sleep in a shower cap. In the morning, shampoo as usual with a gentle cleanser.
- To add shine. Smooth a tiny amount of coconut oil onto your ends to add a little shine, or on flyaways if you have dark hair. Remember that a dab will do you: Any more and your hair might appear greasy.
- Pure Coconut Oil Lathering Soap. This soap allows you to make a pure bar of soap, safe for the whole family to use! It creates a lathering effect so you can feel as though your body is getting a super clean wash but without all the chemicals!
- Coconut Oil Lip Balm. This homemade version offers a totally natural approach with only one ingredient… why not use cute colorful pots and give them to friends as gifts?
- Simple Coconut Oil Lip Gloss. With only a few ingredients and a little bit of time, you could have several Christmas gifts ready and waiting for your female friends and family. You can personalize the recipe depending on your own tastes as well as how you present them! A thoughtful but effortless gift everyone would love!
- Coconut Oil Cuticle Cream. This cream is so simple yet ingenious at the same time. If you are forever battling with your cuticles, why not opt for this completely natural way to help soften and control them easily and effectively.
- Homemade Coconut Oil Toothpaste. Coconut oil is great for your oral health, with its antibacterial properties as well as being a natural teeth whitener, this toothpaste could rival any store bought version!
- Coconut Oil & Coffee Hand & Body Scrub. This hand- and -body scrub is perfect if you have a job or hobby which means your hands tend to get rather grubby! With only 2 ingredients it really couldn’t be simpler to make. The coffee works as a gentle exfoliate whilst the coconut oil nourishes dry and broken skin!
All 107 everyday uses for coconut oil you can find in the Everyday Roots Book #2
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives. You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com