We all know that cinnamon makes a tasty addition to coffee, baked goods and a number of sweet treats but did you know that it can be just as beneficial in the garden?
The versatile spice can be used to help root cuttings, prevent fungus from killing seedlings and to keep pests away.
You’ll no longer need to rely on harsh chemicals – just a sprinkling of cinnamon!
Here are the most common uses for cinnamon in the home & garden.
- Seedlings. The term dampening off covers a range of diseases and that attack a seed/seedling either before or after germination and cause the seedling to die. They can be caused by several different fungus and soil conditions. A few years back I read that if you dust the soil with cinnamon it will prevent dampening off. I’ve been doing it since with great results! (this also gets rid of those little gnats that somehow appear around seedling trays)
- Wild mushrooms. Nothing worse than having to waste a beautiful day pulling mushrooms from the mulch in my flower beds. Mushrooms are fungus though, and by dusting cinnamon all over the mulch, it helps to control mushroom growth.
- Rooting hormone. Much cheaper than the chemical stuff they sell in the big box store and just as effective! Just apply cinnamon powder to the stem when you plant the cutting.
- Ant deterrent. Ants do not like cinnamon! Sprinkle it in your greenhouse or around your garden beds. It will not kill the ants, but they will stay away from it. Sprinkle it by your doors if ants are coming into your house. They really hate to cross a line of cinnamon!
- Plant wounds. Overzealous pruning or a slip of the weed whacker and you’ll have a plant with a wound that needs to be fixed up. Simply dust cinnamon on the wound to encourage healing and prevent fungal infection at the same time.
- House plants. Cinnamon get’s rid of molds and mildew in house plants too. Simply sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on the soil. It will also get rid of gnats if you happen to have them buzzing around your house plants. These are the same gnats seedlings get, the cinnamon destroys the fungus they feed on and they will die.
Cinnamon also has some amazing health benefits and best of all, you can always find it at the dollar store!
At that price and with these uses, what’s not to love about cinnamon?
If you want to find more health tips, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book.
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives. You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
105+ Natural Home Remedies – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com