Most of the time, what you eat and how you’re feeling usually show on your skin because the skin is a window to what is going on inside of your body.
Sometimes your skin will show strange reactions without obvious reason or cause, and this means that you need a home-made healthy skincare mask.
Clear Skin Face Mask
The recipe bellow is amazing for people who fight stains, scars, acne or wrinkles. It will make your skin radiant and rejuvenated.
You should expect wonders on your face, but make sure not to use it as an exfoliator and don’t apply it elsewhere on your body.
- 1 teaspoon of honey (add more for sensitive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (dilute or avoid if you have sensitive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Honey will make your skin firm and soft. It has antibacterial activity because it contains hydrogen peroxide. People use honey to treat wounds, skin ulcers, burns or even inflammations.
Nutmeg helps to fight eczema because it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It is used for chronic acne treatment and scaring prevention.
Lemon promotes the regeneration of skin cells and it is used in anti-aging products. With its citric acid, lemon balances the ph of the skin and promotes skin peeling. It will even out your skin and fade sun spots.
Cinnamon reduces pain and inflammation if it’s applied topically. With its antibacterial properties it cures acne and other skin infections.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add honey and lemon and stir with a spoon to make a paste.
How To Use :
- Carefully clean and dry your face. Apply the mask and avoid the areas around your eyes and mouth.
- Leave it for 30 minutes, and if you have sensitive skin, leave it for 10 minutes. Don’t panic if you feel a tingling sensation, it means it’s working and it will go away after 5 minutes.
- Gently wash out with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
- If you have coconut oil moisturize the skin with it, or you can follow your favorite moisturizer.