Many women take care only of their face and their hair. They buy expensive face creams and masks, special shampoos and conditioners. Also, there are many women who take care of their body and health by eating nutritious foods and working out regularly. But how many of those actually think about taking proper care of their hands? Not many, right?
The skin on the hands is much thinner than the facial skin and therefore subjected to more damage. Moreover, we’re always touching something with our hands (sometimes dirty things covered in bacteria) and because of that we have to wash them frequently. That dehydrates the skin on the hands and makes it rough. Because of this it’s essential to take special care of our hands.
Our hands are the first areas on our body that start to age. The wrinkles on the hands are more noticeable than the tiny wrinkles under the eyes. Also, you can remove wrinkles on your face and neck with surgery, but there’s no way to make your hands look smooth and young again. Or is there?
Keep on reading to find out.
The following homemade, natural remedies can help you reverse the effects of aging on your hands.
- Egg – separate the egg white from the egg yolk and add 1 tbsp. of honey to the egg white. Mix them well then apply the solution on your hands. Let it dry and rinse thoroughly with water and soap afterwards. This will improve your hand’s elasticity.
- Potato– your hands will be smooth after applying this remedy! First, you need to bake 1 medium potato. Then mash the potato and mix it with 2 tbsp. of honey, 2 tbsp. of olive oil and little milk, and store it in the fridge. Apply this on the hands 2-3 times a week for 15 minutes then rinse them with water and soap.
- Rosehip oil– it’s also known as the “anti-aging” oil, and not without a reason! It can bring back the elasticity to the skin, making the hands look young again. Massage your hands with it daily to nourish and relax them.
Hands with spots
- Lemon and sugar – squeeze 1/2 lemon and mix the juice with 2 tbsp. of sugar. Massage the hands for a couple of minutes, then wash them with cold water and soap. This will exfoliate the skin and promote circulation. Try it, it’s very easy to make and believe us, you will love the results!
- Almond oil – if your hands need nourishing, then almond oil is the perfect solution for you. It’s best if you do this at night, before going to bed. First, you need to dip your hands in almond oil and massage them. Then, put them in cold water and hold them for 5 minutes before drying them. At the end, apply a hand cream, put cotton gloves on and go to sleep. In the morning your hands will be hydrated.
- Petroleum jelly – this one is best to do at night as well. The procedure is the same as before, just apply petroleum jelly on your hands, put on cotton gloves and let it stay overnight. You will be amazed in the morning!
- First of all, stop biting your fingernails – this bad habit has a terrible effect on the skin around the nails.
- Avoid washing your hands with hot water because it will make them dry. Use warm water instead.
- You should always wear gloves in winter. The gloves not only prevent freezing, but protect the skin from getting damaged as well.