If you are someone who enjoys eating pineapples, then we have some great news for you. Believe it or not, there is a pineapple diet which can help you lose weight in a short period of time.
While the pineapple diet is a mono diet and is highly restrictive, it provides fast results but it must not be performed for more than 5-6 days, otherwise, it will pose threat to your overall health.
Pros and Cons of Pineapple Diet:
While mono diets have a bad reputation, if they are followed correctly they can be extremely efficient.
- The ingredients are easily obtainable
- It is a quick way to lose weight
- It acts as a detox diet as well
- It requires a few ingredients and it’s monotonous
- You will retain less water during the diet and your body will be deprived of several nutrients
- You can’t follow this diet for a long period of time as it increases the risk of heart disease, loss of muscle mass and kidney problems
The 5-day Diet Plan:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, 1 cup of low-fat yogurt and 2-3 slices of pineapple
Snack: 1 slice of toasted rye bread, 1 glass of pineapple juice and 1 boiled egg
Lunch: grilled fish/chicken prepared with a simple broth with vegetables
Snack: 1 glass of pineapple juice, low-fat pineapple yogurt
Dinner: Pineapple salad and chicken
You are also allowed to drink unsweetened tea such as green tea, which can assist you with the weight loss.
NOTE: While this diet is known for providing quick and easy results, but before you decide to try it out, make sure you are completely healthy, or else it can worsen the state you are in by affecting your overall health. So unless you need to lose weight in an extremely short period of time, feel free to try out other healthy diets as well.