Blueberries contain the essential vitamin for creation of collagen and maintaining healthy gums and capillaries, which is vitamin C. It is crucial for the absorption of iron and having a healthy and strong immune system.
Blueberries also contain vitamin E, vitamin A, and vitamin K. They are high in manganese which has an important role in development of bones, proteins, and they carbohydrate the metabolism.
150 grams (1 cup) of blueberries have only 84 calories, and as mentioned above they are healthy to our body, and are great for weight loss.
Of all fruits, blueberries have the richest source of antioxidants, and they protect your cells against free radicals, and slow down the aging process.
The phytonutrients blueberries contain are known for their strong anti-inflammatory activity. Because of them, blueberries have their dark color.
Health Benefits of Blueberries
Let’s just say, a handful of blueberries instead of pills! Sounds great, right? Well, it might as well be possible!
Here are the most amazing benefits of consuming blueberries.
- Contribute to your heart health, and keep your cholesterol level under control.
- A diet based on blueberries can significantly improve the mental capacity for learning, and strengthens motor skill, as well as protects the brain from too much stress.
- Blueberries are natural medicine for preventing and eliminating the infections of urinary tract. The components in blueberries clean the urethra and bladder and neutralize “Escherichia colli” bacteria.
- Recommended for diarrhea and constipation.
- Highly effective in the prevention of the occurrence of ovarian cancer (up to 40 % protection).
- Blueberry is in the list of the top 10 superfoods for women.