Diabetes is a condition in which your blood sugar level rises. This happens when your pancreas stops producing insulin or when your body is unable to use insulin present in your body.
What Are the Effects of Diabetes
Diabetes can cause mild to severe health problems such as weakness, poor vision, blindness, kidney failure, nerve damage, erectile dysfunction (in men), heart disease etc.
Types of Diabetes
There are generally 3 types of diabetes such as Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes, and Gestational Diabetes.
Mango Leaves for Diabetes
One of the best natural treatments is to use mango leaves for diabetes. You just need to boil about three or four mango leaves and drink the water. Pluck some tender mango leaves (not the ripe ones, the light greenish ones that are small in size). The benefits of mango leaves for blood sugar have been ascertained after lot of research. The research substantiates that the medicinal properties contribute to the lowering of the blood sugar levels within the body. For better results, you should try soaking the leaves over the course of the night in water and consume the solution early the next morning. Ensure that you consume the solution on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
Mango and Type 1, 2 Diabetes
The effect that mango has on the body is the same for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Again, the Glycemic index plays a very prominent role in how much of the fruit should be taken, as well as the best form in which the fruit should be consumed. The doctor should, however, examine the risk factor involved in consuming mango for type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
Other Home Remedies for Diabetes
Besides treatment of the condition with mango and mango leaves, there are a number of other natural remedies that can be used in the treatment of this condition.
- For instance, bitter melon is known to be very effective when it comes to lowering blood sugar levels within the body. Simply consuming about 50 to 60 ml of extracted bitter melon juice is proven to do wonders for diabetics.
- Introducing larger quantities of onion and garlic to your regular diet is also known to be a very effective way of adapting your diet to help treat the condition. They can also be made into juices for easier consumption.
- The fact that soya bean is very rich in calcium, proteins, and vitamin A means that it is very beneficial when dealing with diabetes and should be included in your daily dietary intake as much as possible.
- Another very effective home remedy when it comes to dealing with diabetes is to simply eat a few soaked almonds early in the morning. You could also try drinking a glass of juice on a regular basis.
- The seeds of fenugreek are considered to be another very effective method of dealing with the problem of diabetes.