Eating This Common Food Can Give You Brain Worms


Tapeworm infection is caused by eating the raw or undercooked meat of infected animals. Cattle usually carry Taenia saginata (T. saginata). Pigs carry Taenia solium (T. solium).

In the human intestine, the young form of the tapeworm from the infected meat (larva) develops into the adult tapeworm. A tapeworm can grow to longer than 12 feet and can live for years.

Tapeworms have many segments. Each segment is able to produce eggs. The eggs are spread alone or in groups, and can pass out with the stool or through the anus.

Adults and children with pork tapeworm can infect themselves if they have poor hygiene. They can ingest tapeworm eggs they pick up on their hands while wiping or scratching their anus or the skin around it.

“If you are eating this food, there is a chance that worms will invade your brain. And the worst thing about it is that once they are consumed and enter your organism, they move throughout your body — your eyes, your tissues, and most commonly your brain”.

This is a classic parasite, but also a very dangerous one that can get into your head.” – CNN reports.

There are many forms of tapeworm, three of which can readily infect the brain. From a public health perspective, there’s one in particular to watch out for. “It’s mainly the pork tapeworm that’s the main brain one,” says Helena Helmby from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

The pork species, known as Taenia Solium, can infect humans in two forms. The first is by eating under-cooked pork from infected pigs, resulting in taeniasis — an adult worm residing in the intestine. The second, in the larval form, through contact with the feces of an infected pig or human, which can go on to infect many tissues.

If the larval worm enters the nervous system, including the brain, it can result in a condition known as neurocysticercosis.”

A California man who was feeling sick almost died recently from a shocking cause.

26-year-old Luis Ortiz went to a hospital because of a headache and nausea. When doctors examined him,they were shocked to find a tapeworm larva in his brain.

The story gets stranger. The larva was still alive.

The creature had caused a cyst to form inside his head. The cyst was restricting the flow of liquids to different areas of his brain. The situation was so serious that doctors said they had to perform an emergency operation to remove the larva.

The Associated Press reports that a doctor who operated on Ortiz told him he had only 30 minutes to live. The California man told ABC News that when the doctor pulled the worm out of his head, it was still moving.

The doctors saved Ortiz’s life. However, the surgery also affected it.According to ABC News, Ortiz had to drop out of school and move back home. It said, for now, he is not permitted to work or drive a vehicle.

The best way to avoid a tapeworm infection is to wash fruits and vegetables.Also, make sure meat is cooked thoroughly. The CDC suggests cooking all meats to an internal temperature of at least 63 degrees Celsius.

Every time you think of eating bacon lettuce and tomato sandwich, just think about the problems you might get from eating it.

You can simply replace the bacon with a good avocado wrap. You can see in few of our posts how beneficial avocados are for the brain. One avocado a day can keep the doctor away!



Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *