Background to ‘Fatness’
Maintaining proper body weight is very difficult. Almost every person, even those who exercise regularly have problems with extra pounds. What is more shocking is that almost every second child has problem with obesity and some are even born obese. In India, 40% of the people are overweight and statistics show that soon half of the population in the world will have overweight issues.
Problems with being overweight
Obesity can cause many problems such as:
Issues with blood pressure, digestive disorders, diabetes, ulcers, cardiac problems, thyroid problems, etc.
Obesity often causes physical or psychological stress.
Obese people are consuming more food than they actually need. What is proven is that 1/3 of the world population consumes 50% more food than their stomach can actually digest. If these people eat as much as they need, food and water storage can be solved more easily.
Why do we become overweight?
It is very easy to gain weight, but we usually see this as a problem when it’s too late. Here are some of the reasons why we gain extra pounds:
- No physical activity. Since everything people have done in the past, now is done by machines there’s no need of human’s hands. Too many hours are spend sitting on computers and people don’t go out for a walk as they did in the past, taking a cab is a better option nowadays.
- Unhealthy lifestyle – sleeping throughout the day instead of sleeping at night, unpredictable work hours, insomnia, etc…
- Bad eating habits – fast food instead of organic, and even the supposedly healthy food is not quite healthy.
- Flour, bread, bakes, pastries and fried food are some of the foods we consume with almost every meal.
- We also consume processed and packaged foods;
Are we overweight?
We are not aware we are overweight until it’s too late and it has already became a habit of ours that we cannot live through the day.
If you happen to notice that you have extra pounds and suddenly your favorite jeans don’t fit like they used to, then you need to change your diet and lifestyle.
The waist-to-hip (WTH) ratio and the fat percentage can show you if you are overweight. These percentages shoudn’t be passed. Accordingly, for women 25% and 2,3% increase is tolerated. But if you were 22% in the past, and now you’ve come to 25%, be careful and avoid checking BMI since it may be confusing.
The best way to find out that you have gained weight is with the help of your clothes. If clothes are becoming small then you need to be careful.
If somebody tells you that you have gained weight.
If you are eating often but you still feel hungry and the only thing you think about frequently is food.
Fast weight loss diet plan
Once you become aware that you are overweight, you need to make a diet plan. You can make it by yourself or you can find one on the internet. But you should follow these tips:
- Consume a little less food than you feel you need. Try to consume meals that are small enough so you could feel hungry every 3 hours;
- Do not drink water during and after meals; Wait 1 hour after eating to drink a cup of water.
- Choose a liquid diet with various soups and milk. 25-30% of your meals should be liquid.
- Don’t drink too much coffee, alcohol , soft drinks, tea , and canned juice;
- Don’t eat after 8 PM. But if you feel hungry drink a cup of milk or take a piece of fruit;
- For snacks, you can have lime juice, seasonal fruit, smoothies or salad. Don’t consume snacks more than 4 times a day. Don’t let snacks be your habit.
- Start and end your day with a glass of lukewarm water;
- Do not consume junk food (fried foods, hot-dog, canned food, sweets, processed foods pastries, pizza, as they are rich in chemicals and preservatives);
- Consume lightly cooked vegetarian food, at least with some meal;
- Try walking at least four times a day for 15 minutes, before meals
You might also like to read: