Do you ever get up quickly and feel like the room is spinning in the morning?
Usually, dizziness only occurs after intense movement or during motion sickness. Yet some people experience dizzy spells out of nowhere.
This, combined with feeling off balance, is referred to as vertigo. It’s different from other types of dizziness because you don’t have to move in order to experience it . Many wonder how to get rid of vertigo, but it isn’t that easy.
There are some things that can trigger vertigo. For one, getting up too quickly, being nauseous, excess exercise, stress, and lack of sleep can exasperate the condition.
Vertigo is a symptom and not a condition, it can sometimes disappear without treatment and therapy.
- Being unbalanced
- Being pulled to one direction
- Feeling nauseated
- Abnormal or jerking eye movements (nystagmus)
- Ringing in the ears or hearing loss
If you experience any of these symptoms, talk to your specialist immediately and ask for a formal diagnosis.
How To Get Rid Of Vertigo: 21 Remedies
Your doctor may recommend pills, antibiotics, or sometimes even surgery, but we suggest you try these remedies first !
We will demonstrate the methods through videos and natural recipes, so you will have a better demonstration on who to heal yourself.
1. Half Somersault
Watch the following video for a full demonstration on how to do this:
2. Shanmukhi Mudra
Watch the video and follow the instructions carefully. The method works amazing !
3. Nadi Shodhan Pranayama
The important thing in this method is to keep your eyes closed throughout and continue taking long, deep, smooth breaths without any force or effort.
4. Salamba Sirsasana
Watch how John Schumacher does it.
8. Brandt-Daroff Exercise
9. Epley Maneuver
10. Gaze Stabilization Exercises
These vertigo treatment exercises retrain your brain to not trigger dizziness when you move too quickly. Skip the video below to 1:47 for the exercises.
12. Lymph Drainage Massage
13. Get Enough Sleep
Vertigo can cause sleep depreviation, but these essential oils can help you.
You will need:
- 4 ounces of magnesium oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Roman Chamomile Essential oil
How to make it:
Mix all of these ingredients in a glass spray bottle of 4 ounces. Shake the bottle until the oils mix altogether. You should spray 3-5 times on the bottom of each of your foot and cover it before going to sleep.
14. Eat Anti-inflammatory Foods
This drink is a great place to start, even though there are plenty of foods you can eat to fight inflammation.
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Fresh or Powdered, Organic Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Organic Cinnamon Bark or Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Organic, Unrefined, Unbleached, Non-deodorized Coconut Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Organic Honey
- 1 Cup of Hot Water
- Bring the water to a boil in a tea pot or sauce pan.
- Place the ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon is a small, ceramic or glass bowl.
- Pour hot water over spices, cover the bowl, and allow the mixture to steep for at least 10 minutes.
- Strain tea off of the spices into a large mug and melt coconut oil as well as honey into the tea.
- Discard used spices and enjoy.
Boil the water in a tea pot. Put the ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon in a little glass bowl. Pour the water over spices, then cover the bowl, and let the mixture to steep for 10-15 minutes. Then, strain tea off the spices in a large mug and melt coconut oil and honey into the tea. After that, discard used spices and enjoy !
15. Stay Hydrated
Stay hydrated with this electrolyte-packed watermelon drink:
What you need:
- 2 Cups of frozen watermelon chunks
- 2 Cups coconut water
Combine watermelon and coconut water into a blender, and blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
16. Clean Your Ears
The remedy below works very well, but you should not attempt it if you suffer from a perforated ear drum.
- White vinegar
- Rubbing alcohol
- Take a small container and fill it halfway with white vinegar and equal parts rubbing alcohol.
- Tilt your head to one side, so your ear is level and will hold the liquid inside, then gently pour in about a teaspoon or a few drops of the mixture.
- Stay still for one minute, then sit back up and allow the liquid to drain from the ear.
- Repeat twice a day until the discomfort and vertigo subsides
Take a little container and fill it halfway with vinegar and rubbing alcohol. Tilt your hear to one side, so the ear will hold the liquid inside, then gently pour a teaspoon or a few drops of this mix. Stay calm for a minute, then sit back and allow the liquid to drain from your ear. Repeat this technique twice a day, or until vertigo disappear.
17. Natural Antibiotics
If you’re feeling dizzy because of an ear infection, treat it in as little as two days with this simple remedy.
You will need :
- A few drops of tea tree oil
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
How To Use this technique:
Mix the tea tree oil and olive oil in a little bowl. Then transfer the bowl in a bigger boil full of boiled water, but make sure the water and oils don’t mix. When the mixture becomes warm, pour the oil into the ear and wait 5 mins. Lay down with the painful ear against a pillow covered with a towel until the mixture comes out. Repeat for 2-3 times every day.
Now you know how to treat vertigo! Don’t run to your doctor right away, but first try these natural remedies ! During the treatment avoid sudden movements and avoid extensive exercises.