Heinz Ketchup has recently been banned in Israel from calling its product ketchup as it doesn’t include enough tomatoes.
But there are more reasons why you should be cautious about this product. As tasty as it is, you may want to avoid Heinz ketchup
Heinz Ketchup is not only unhealthy but extremely toxic and quite dangerous to consume over time.
5 Reasons Why You Should Be Cautious About This Condiment:
- High Fructose Corn Syrup: The FDA doesn’t list ketchup as lethal. But since high fructose corn syrup can kill you, you are not safe either. This toxic ingredient made from heavily genetically modified corn is a major source of heart attack, obesity, cancer, dementia, liver failure, tooth decay, and diabetes.
Once metabolized by your body, it can lead to a sharp spike in your blood sugar levels, wreak havoc with your immune system, and damage your liver.
Additionally, high fructose corn syrup contains mercury not regulated or measured by the FDA.
“Mercury is toxic in all its forms. Given how much high-fructose corn syrup is consumed by children, it could be a significant additional source of mercury never before considered. We are calling for immediate changes by industry and the [US Food and Drug Administration] to help stop this avoidable mercury contamination of the food supply,”- the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy’s Dr. David Wallinga, a co-author of both studies, had warned.
- Sugar: Heinz Tomato Ketchup contains 23.6 grams sugar per 100 grams. According to the American Heart Association, the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day is (for men) 37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons and (for women) 25 grams or 6 teaspoons per day.
A tablespoon-size serving has 4 grams of sugar. 1 tablespoon = 3 teaspoons. Who eats only 1 tablespoon? For visual delight, watch the video below:
- Distilled Vinegar: A lawsuit filed in 2014 alleged thatHeinz Distilled Vinegar was not all natural but was made from genetically modified corn, which is grown with toxic pesticides and chemicals.
The term distilled vinegar is something of a misnomer because it is not produced by distillation but by fermentation of distilled alcohol. The fermentate is diluted to produce a colorless solution of 5% to 8% acetic acid in water, with a pH of about 2.4. The pH scale runs from 0 to 14. Values below 7 are acidic.
- Sodium: The biggest problem with ketchup is that it is high in sodium. One tablespoon can contain up to 190 milligrams of sodium. Heinz Tomato Ketchup contains 907 milligrams sodium per 100 grams – that’s 37% of current recommended limit for many people (2450 milligrams each day).
A lot of nutritionists suggest adults should limit sodium intake to 2,300 milligrams per day. The World Health Organization recommends keeping sodium intake under 2,000 milligrams a day.
Combined with the many other places that sodium appears in your diet, 190 milligrams of sodium per tablespoon definitely is a problem (Americans eat, on an average, more than 3,400 milligrams of sodium each day).
- GMO: According to the USDA, more than 90% of all corn grown in the US is genetically modified. While high fructose corn syrup and corn syrup are directly derived from genetically modified corn, tomato concentrate (contains citric acid derived from corn), vinegar (made from rye and corn) and salt (contains dextrose derived from corn) have an indirect role to play in making the Heinz ketchup unhealthy.
If you want to find more health tips, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book.
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com