You may remember the smell of apple cider vinegar from your grandmother’s house.
Perhaps she made you drink it when you had an upset stomach or used it to dab on your mosquito bites or sunburn. Well, guess what? Apple cider vinegar is back.
Grandma was right, it is a go-to remedy for a large number of conditions and keeping a jar of organic raw apple cider in your kitchen and bathroom at all times is a great idea.
What About Putting Apple Cider Vinegar on Your Face?
While I’m not much one for celebrity news, I did find it interesting that someone who could afford to buy the most expensive skin care products (think J Lo with her thousand dollar plus face creams) uses traditional apple cider vinegar that you can buy for less than ten dollars.
Promising everything from acne-free skin to effective dandruff relief, celebrities everywhere are hopping on the bandwagon of washing your face with apple cider vinegar.
5 Reasons To Wash Your Face with Apple Cider Vinegar
If you reach for commercial soap and cleaners to wash your face you may be doing more harm than good. Many of these products contain fragrances, dyes and other chemicals that can dry out your skin and leave it looking and feeling tired and rough.
The good news is that there are numerous things found in nature that can nourish your skin and keep it feeling and looking its best. One of these is apple cider vinegar.
Here are five great reasons to consider washing your face with apple cider vinegar.
A word of caution! – don’t put apple cider vinegar full strength over your face – it can burn. Use a diluted mixture of 50% water and 50% apple cider vinegar and be sure to try the solution on the skin on your hand or elsewhere before putting on your face. Under the chin is a good spot, just in case you do get a reaction, then it’s not too noticeable!
In very rare instances, some people are sensitive to this solution.
- Apple cider vinegar can help reduce age spots: When you wash your face daily with apple cider vinegar you will notice a substantial difference in age spots. Apple cider vinegar contains alpha-hydroxy acids that will remove dead skin and reveal healthy and vibrant new skin. In addition to washing with a splash of apple cider vinegar, dab a little on a cotton ball and apply directly to age spots. Wait about thirty minutes and rinse your face with cool water and pat dry. Do this twice daily for six weeks and you will see a difference.
- Apple cider vinegar fights blemishes: No need to buy commercial acne cream when you can use apple cider vinegar. When apple cider vinegar is made, malic acid forms. This makes apple cider vinegar a potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral substance capable of keeping bacteria at bay and pimples from forming.
- Apple cider vinegar balances your skin: While removing oil from your skin, apple cider vinegar also helps to balance pH and keeps your skin from becoming too oily or too dry by balancing the production of sebum. Rinse your face daily with apple cider vinegar if you desire balance.
- Apple cider vinegar fights wrinkles: Diluted apple cider vinegar face wash can help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You can soak a cotton pad or cotton cloth in diluted apple cider vinegar and dab on your skin. Rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Apple cider vinegar removes toxins from your face: Regular use of an apple cider vinegar wash will help draw toxins out of your skin leaving a youthful and clean glow.
To make your own ACV toner, mix equal parts of ACV and water. You can get creative with your ACV solution. Try adding green tea, aloe vera gel or witch hazel. After a while when your skin got used to it, you can gradually increase the concentration of the ACV. It depends on the tolerance of your skin. Just make sure you shake it before you use it so that the water and ACV are thoroughly mixed up.
The skin benefits of using apple cider vinegar as a face wash alone should be more than enough reason to pick up a bottle and give it a try. That said, there’s also a long list of other health benefits attributed to ACV, including enhancing your immunity, controlling blood sugar for weight loss and improving bowel regularity.
If you want to learn more natural remedies, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book.
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives. You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com