Feeling sluggish or out of sync?
Struggling with skin problems, aches and pains, or digestive problems? Can’t seem to lose weight? It might be time for a body detox.
Practiced for centuries by cultures around the world — including ayurvedic and Chinese medicine systems — detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out.
By removing and eliminating toxins, then feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
How does detoxification work?
Basically, detoxification means cleaning the blood. This is done by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination.
The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph and skin. However, when this system is compromised, impurities aren’t properly filtered and every cell in the body is adversely affected.
You may also see this: Coconut Oil and Belly Fat
How To start a detox?
First, lighten up your toxin load. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process.
Also two days before you start your detox program, stop eating dairy products.
This cleansing program lasts for three days but it would be good if you implemented some of the items in your daily diet.
See also: The Apple Cider Vinegar Fat Loss Mystery Explained
Three-day Cleansing Program:
- Squeeze two lemons into 300 ml. of water and drink it before breakfast. This will prepare you to digest powerful alkalizing foods.
- Drink 300 ml. of grapefruit or pineapple juice with breakfast. These juices contain natural antioxidants which improve the function of the respiratory system.
- Between breakfast and lunch drink 1 to1 ½ cups of pure carrot juice. Carrot juice will alkalize your blood during the 3-day detoxification.
- Drink 400 ml. of juice rich with potassium (banana, apricot, pear, celery, spinach, parsley…) at lunch. Potassium is a powerful agent that will act as a cleansing tonic when ingested in liquid form. If you don’t have a juicer, simply mix 50ml of Noni juice with a glass of spring water. Noni juice can be purchased in most health-food stores. There are several brands of Noni on the market. It is important to buy pure Noni juice. Tree of Life is one of the few companies that offer pure Noni juice.
- Drink a cup of mucus-cleansing tea (rose hips, ginger, and peppermint) 1 hour before dinner. These herbs help alleviate stuffy noses, and congestion.
- Drink 400 ml of pure cranberry juice before bed. Cranberry juice helps fight bacteria in the lungs that could cause infections.Cranberries are very powerful antioxidants and promote healthy blood and urine.
See also: Mother Nature’s All-In-One, Multi-Purpose Life Elixir
- The evening before day 1 of your cleansing program, drink a cup of herbal laxative tea before you go to bed. This will help your system get rid of any toxins in your intestines that may tend to constipate you.
- Your lungs must not be overworked by blockages anywhere in the body during your detoxification.
If you want to learn more homemade remedies and cleansing programs, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book. It’s a Book that’s created to help you replace the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives.
It contains 215+ effective home remedies and covers everything you will need to protect your family and save money every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses!
Included in this life changing book are:
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com
Next Article: Raw Honey and Coconut Oil: 5 Fantastic Uses of This Superfood Duo