These yellow skinned fruits are maybe one of the most under-rated fruits. On the other hand, bananas are so tasty and give the body all the good stuff that it needs to thrive. Full of nutrients, vitamins, fiber and natural sugar ( sucrose and fructose), bananas are in the top 3 healthiest fruits. This is the reason why eating bananas regularly can help you to have a healthy lifestyle and keep the doctor away.
In the US bananas are the fruit which is most consumed by Americans, in particular they consume more bananas every year than apples and oranges combined together. Most of us go to the market and buy bananas we eat for the rest of the week. They start as greenish-yellow and spotless, but with time they continuously ripen.As time goes on, they begin to develop brown spots, which grow bigger until the whole banana is covered with brown spots. Most of you are turned off by these brown bananas and you think that the banana is rotten so you throw it out. Although it makes sense, since most fruits turn brown when they rot, there is a bigger reason behind this.
In addition, you should be happy when your banana starts to have brown spots because this means that it contains TNF, which stands for Tumor Necrosis Factor. This substance is a cancer fight and helps in fighting against abnormal cells in our bodies. More specific, TNF helps in assisting communication between the cells in our immune response system and therefore it guides the movement of the cells towards our bodies which are infected. Many researches have shown that TNF found in ripe bananas interferes with tumor cells growth and stops spreading so that they won’t cause death or apoptosis. Bananas are also rich in antioxidants and they boost our immune system and increase the white blood cells too. Therefore, the next time you see a ripe banana, hurry up and eat it and give your body a health boost and extra energy.
Apart from the brown spots and the strengthening of the immune system, bananas have a lot more health benefits. Check out bellow:
1) Heartburn- As a nature’s anti-acid, bananas provide relief from heartburn and acid reflux. Just one banana can bring soothing relief and lessen your symptoms of heartburn.
2) Blood Pressure-Bananas help in lowering high blood pressure and therefore protect against a heart attack, with their low amounts of sodium and high amounts of potassium, it makes them a heart healthy food.
3) Energy- Bananas are known that give a lot of energy before a workout or whenever you feel sleepy or exhausted. Their vitamins and minerals protect your body and support your endurance, while potassium helps to prevent muscle cramps.
4) Anemia- They contain the much needed dietary iron, which stimulates red blood cell and production of hemoglobin and strengthens the blood supply, which can protect you from anemia.
5) Ulcers- You can eat bananas not having to worry if they’ll cause pain problems to your stomach. They have a smooth and soft mixture which coasts the stomach lining and protect you from irritation.
6) Depression- Since bananas are rich in tryptophan and our bodies convert it into serotonin, it can help you overcome depression. Serotonin is a brain neurotransmitter and makes people relax and feel happier in a way that improves our mood.
7) Constipation-Whenever you are feeling clogged up, eat a few bananas. They have fibers which stimulate regular bowel movements and relieve constipation.
8) Nerves or PMS- If you are feeling stressed or moody, eat a banana. They regulate blood sugar and have a lot of Vitamin B, and therefore calm the nervous system and relax the body.
9) Temperature Control- If you eat a banana on a hot or cold day it will control your body temperature. The same goes to for when you have a fever.