Most of us are aware that in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle you first must make your way out of diet which consists fast foods, fried foods, and sugary foods. Sugar is one of the biggest contributors to extra weight around your abdominal area.
While there are products which contain natural sugar such as pure fruit juice, honey, mangoes, bananas and raisins, there are products which contain processed sugar, and if consumed excessively it will hamper the body’s nutritional intake. Some symptoms of sugar overdose are hyperactivity and consequent fatigue, depression, yeast infections, sinus problems, colds, mental disorientation and even sleepiness.
- Breakfast: 3 eggs or one cup of oats with almonds, or seeds or berries
- Morning snack: a small bowl of nuts
- Lunch: chicken breast with butternut squash, beets, carrots, turnips, parsnips, almonds and beans.
- Dinner: salmon with fried mushrooms and broccoli
- Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs in spinach or a cup of steel cut oats with seeds, almonds or berries
- Mid-morning snack: 1 small bowl of nuts
- Lunch: One shredded green and red cabbage salad tossed with shredded carrots, olive oil, salt and lemon juice or grilled zucchini with red and yellow peppers
- Dinner: Baked cod with stir-fried bok choy and roasted brussels sprouts and turnips or steamed green vegetables of your choice
Sugar Detox Drinks
- Detox water: simply chop up grapefruits, strawberries, oranges or blueberries and add them to a jar filled with water. Let the drink sit and drink it every morning.
- Tea: Drink green tea 3 times a day.
- Coffee: Drink 1 cup of unsweetened black coffee daily.
Keep the following things in mind:
- Avoid honey, agave nectar, maple syrup or other forms of artificial sweeteners to avoid binging.
- Replace fast-carbohydrate foods, such as white bread, with slow-carbohydrate foods such as whole grains, as the regulate the sugar in your body.
- Cook with extra-virgin olive oil at all times.
- Eat 2 ounces of seeds and nuts every day.
- Consume a large bowl of green salad on daily basis.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.