It is a known fact that belly fat is the hardest to get rid of. Especially if you had children and after pregnancy. But, the good thing is there is a way to get rid of this specific fat.
Stored fat in the body has several purposes.
- It protects your internal organs.
- It provides a ready form of energy in cases of famine.
- It protects the body from toxins.
The trick to losing excess fat is to create ways for your body to burn the fat as fuel by producing an energy deficit between what you eat and what you burn. Exercise raises the body’s energy requirements and firms up the muscles underneath, which can translate to fat loss. However, if your body is experiencing a toxic build-up or your diet habits aren’t healthy, fat loss can come about slowly, or not at all.
Chinese Medicine Abdominal Massage
While exercising your core is a great way to strengthen your abdominal muscles, crunches, planks and leg lifts won’t melt the fat that’s covering your abs. According to Dr. Stephen Chang — who practices both Western and Chinese medicine — performing a two-minute massage technique can provide a form of internal exercise that cleanses and detoxifies in order to melt away fat.
The Chinese medicine massage technique combines different types of exercises to improve the digestive system while maximizing the body’s ability to detoxify and eliminate waste. Benefits of this technique may include:
- Melting adipose tissue
- Improving digestive efficiency
- Detoxing the intestines
- Improving constipation
- Stimulating the organs in the abdominal region
- Improving circulation in the abdominal region
- Improving conditions such as nausea, vomiting and indigestion
For the best results, do this technique twice a day, before breakfast and just before bed. To perform Chinese medicine abdominal massage:
- Lie flat on your back on a firm surface.
- Warm up your hands by rubbing them together until they feel hot.
- Place one hand flat on your belly button.
- Begin rubbing in small circles around your belly button, gradually widening the circles using a firm pressure. Each circle should take 1-2 seconds.
- Focus on the heat, which builds up in your abdominal region as you rub.
- Perform for two minutes, about 40-50 circles. Be sure to keep your stomach warm during the exercise.
Check out the video below for a how-to: