Tooth decay is another message from our bodies that something is out of balance. Tooth health is kept in check with proper nutrition, not dentistry or fluoride.
What Causes Tooth Decay
Tooth decay happens for a multitude of reasons including:
- Lack of Fat Soluble Vitamins (mostly vitamins A and D)
- Standard American Diet Full of Processed Foods (SAD)
- Hormone Imbalances
- Lack of Minerals in the Diet
- A Diet High in Phytic Acid (naturally occurring on most grains, nuts and legumes. Phytic acid can be removed by soaking grains, nuts and legumes overnight in water and a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice before consuming them.)
What You Can Do To Treat Cavity Naturally
- Remove Sugar
You should not consume food that contains sugar if you want your teeth to be healthy. The oral bacteria that prevents a healthy flow of dental fluids is fed by sugar. Moreover, the sugar decalcifies and demineralizes the structural content of the teeth because it is highly acidic.
- Consume Nutrient-Rich Foods
The consumption of fat-soluble vitamins and minerals can prevent tooth decay and can beat it.To battle tooth decay and to create the ideal diet for it, you should consume lots of leafy green vegetables and food that contain a high amount of healthy fats such as avocado and coconut oil as well as seeds and nuts for better results.
- Try Oil Pulling
Throughout centuries, oil pulling has been used as a procedure for oral detoxification. You should rinse your mouth with a tablespoon of coconut oil for 20 minutes, then spit it into the trash.You can first start with 3-5 minutes if 20 minutes are too long for you. Gingivitis, headaches, and many other health problems can be also healed with oil pulling.
- Eliminate Phytic Acid
Beans, seeds, grains and nuts which are not organic or GMO-free may contain phytic acid which blocks minerals and inhibits enzymes in your body. It can cause mineral deficiencies, osteoporosis, and other serious problems. Phytic acid prevents the body to absorb the minerals from the food and at the same time, it leaches minerals out of your body,bones and teeth. Therefore,avoid foods that contain a high amount of phytic acid by consuming organic and GMO-free foods.
- Use Mineralizing Toothpaste
Toothpaste which is fluoride-free usually is very expensive although there are brands that people can afford to buy. However, it can also be made at home by using these products:
- 3 tablespoons of food grade diatomaceous earth clay
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon mint-flavored chlorophyll
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
Can You Heal Your Cavity Naturally?
A lot of people doubt the possibility of healing cavities naturally because it’s been drilled into us (pun intended) that filling cavities with dentistry is the only way to achieve healing but that simply isn’t the case.