Aloe Vera is rich in amino acids and protein, which is good for a healthy hair. Since hair comprises of a protein called keratin, you need more protein to help in hair growth. It is important that new hair replaces the old hair after it falls off naturally.Here are some ways you can use Aloe Vera for hair growth.
Aloe Vera as a Hair Treatment
Aloe Vera can be used in dandruff treatment and prevention. Just like Aloe Vera soothes dry skin from a sunburn, it can also moisturize a dry scalp, which helps to alleviate the presence of pesky flakes. Treating a flaky scalp is also a key factor in eliminating dandruff altogether.
2. Oily Hair
Treating dry hair can be often be accompanied by undesirable oil build-up. Thankfully, Aloe Vera can be used as a rinse for oily hair without additional, unwanted effects like making hair dry or brittle. The rinse is easy to make and only needs one part aloe vera juice with two parts lemon juice, then apply to the shaft of the hair.
3. Frizzy Hair
The amino acids in Aloe Vera can promote strength and add shine to your hair. As a result, it helps to tame frizzy hair while still leaving your locks silky and glossy. Since Aloe Vera also helps lock in moisture to improve the smoothness of hair, it tends to also work well as a detangler, too.
4. Hair Loss
Aloe Vera can help prevent frequent hair loss and promote hair growth. With hair loss, using Aloe Vera regularly will rejuvenate the hair follicles and reduce thinning. Along with hair loss prevention, Aloe Vera enzymes promote hair growth by helping your locks retain moisture, and by clearing dead skin cells off of your scalp.
How to Use Aloe Vera Gel For Hair
Aloe Vera Conditioner Recipe:
- First, you will need some coconut oil and some castor oil which you can find in almost any store. Then, get some vitamin E capsules which you can find in some medicine shops, and some Aloe Vera leaves and a bowl.
- Start by cutting the Aloe Vera leaf. Remove the thorns and slice it very nicely from the center. Then, run a knife or a fork through the gel for a few times so you can scrape the gel very easily.
- Now take the leaf and massage your scalp. You can massage it randomly and then use your fingers to make sure that your entire scalp is covered very well.
- Next, take about 1 tablespoon of castor oil and to that add about one and a half to two tablespoons of coconut oil. Now, take one vitamin E capsule and very gently pierce it with a needle or anything that is pointy.
- Take this oil mixture and place it in a bowl with hot water. Don’t place this oil directly on fire or microwave because it can be extremely dangerous and to catch fire.
- After 5 minutes your hot oil should be ready to be applied to your hair.
- Simply take this oil on your fingertips and massage it into your scalp like you would do any regular head massage. Do it for 5 minutes.
- After those 5 minutes, you can rest your head on any comfortable surface and you can use a pillow too. Start massaging your scalp very gently. This is very important because it improves blood circulation and helps hair growth. Do this for 2-3 minutes. Once you are done, just tie your hair up in a very tight braid.
- Leave it overnight and wash off your hair the next morning.
A very good idea is to just store this mixture in a bottle and apply it 4-5 times a week.
By doing this method, your hair growth will definitely increase by 40-50 percent. You will notice a big difference very soon.