Considered sacred by ancient Greeks, Romans, Egyptians, and Hebrews rosemary is much more than an aromatic herb that tastes good on potatoes and roasted lamb.
It’s also one of the most powerful herbs and essential oils on the planet.
Rosemary has a woody, evergreen- like- scent, and is part of the mint family. In recent research, it’s been shown to boost nerve growth factor and support the healing of neurological tissue and brain function.
Native to the Mediterranean, the wooded evergreen has been used in folk medicine for thousands of years to:
- Improve memory
- Soothe digestive uses
- Relieve muscle aches and pains
More recently, it has become a popular ingredient in many skin and hair care products due to its antiseptic properties and researchers are starting to dig deeper into its medicinal characteristics.
When applied on the scalp rosemary essential oil helps stimulate hair growth. Many people also claim that it can prevent baldness, slows graying, and can be used to treat dandruff and dry scalp.
How To Use It?
As with all herbs, there are many different ways that rosemary can be applied externally on your hair and scalp. These processes can be used with both fresh and dried herbs. But as with cooking, it is always recommended to use fresh ingredients. (If you don’t use all of your herb initially, you can dry them and store for next time!) Here are the most common processes for external use of rosemary.
It’s a simple as a cup of tea. Actually, it is like a cup of tea!
- Simply boil water and add your rosemary to the water.
- Allow it to steep for 15-30mins and then sift away the leaves. You are left with rosemary infused water.
- The water can then be used as a rinse for any of the following; cleansing rinse, treatment for shine, treatment for graying, treatment for dandruff and scalp irritation.
- DO NOT RINSE OUT! (Remember to accompany rinses with a nice scalp massage as well).
There are two ways that you can achieve a rosemary oil.
- The quickest but not necessarily the cheapest is purchasing rosemary essential oil (which is a highly concentrated) and adding a few drops into your oil which you use daily.
- The second option is, buy fresh rosemary and crush it with your hands to bring out the aroma. Put the crushed herb into a GLASS bottle (beer bottle, jelly, jars etc) and pour your choice of oil (olive, jojoba etc) over top the herbs.
- Try to pick some oil that is not temperature sensitive like coconut oil.
- Put the bottle in a cool, dark space and allow it to sit for 2-4 weeks. You can then apply this rosemary infused oil to your hair and scalp for the following; dandruff, scalp irritation, stimulate hair growth, scalp massage, added shine and luster.
- Crush fresh rosemary and add to a jar of apple cider vinegar.
- Follow the same steps as the oil and store in a cool, dark space for 2-4 weeks.
- After shampooing hair, combine 1/4 cup of your rosemary vinegar to 1-2 cup of water and rinse hair with it.
- DO NOT RINSE OUT. This is best used for the following; gentle cleanser, hair treatment for Ph balance, shine and conditioning.
Rosemary Mint Shampoo
Try this homemade rosemary mint shampoo recipe! It’s very easy to make, can help thicken hair and reduce dandruff!
- 6 ozAloe Vera Gel
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 20 drops Rosemary Oil
- 10 drops Peppermint Oil
- BPA free plastic dispenser bottles
- Mix all ingredients together
- Store in an 8oz glass or plastic bottle
Have you tried Rosemary in your hair recipes?
If you want to find more health tips & natural remedies, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book.
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives. You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
105+ Natural Home Remedies – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com