Circulatory system problems arise when there is limited blood flow to the legs, hands, heart and rest of the body, including the fingers, toes, and feet.
The blood vessels become blocked as a fatty substance called plaque builds up and hardens and constricts the walls of the arteries and veins. This interrupts the normal flow of blood through the vessels and results in poor circulation.
A variety of conditions can be brought on by poor circulation such as high blood pressure, hypertension, stroke, varicose veins, peripheral artery disease, heart disease, kidney damage, aneurysms, arteriosclerosis, Raynaud’s disease and phlebitis.
Help for Poor Circulation
Circulatory system problems can be treated with conventional medication, lifestyle changes as well as alternative therapies. The primary objective is to prevent circulatory problems, relieve swelling, pain and speed healing.
There are also a number of brilliant herbs which have been shown to have a great effect in improving circulation.
The four main herbs which have been proven to have a positive effect include cayenne, garlic, ginkgo Biloba, and ginger.
Some of the simple dietary changes that you can make include adding more fibre to your diet. Try eating more fruit and vegetables each day. Another thing you can do is to drink more fresh water at least 5 or 6 glasses.
Try to reduce any coffee or tea intake. You don’t have to stop drinking them completely, but certainly, you should cut down if your intake is more than two cups a day.
Alcohol can also have a detrimental effect on your blood circulation. Once again, in moderation alcohol is fine. However, it is something you should consider cutting down on if it does affect you and you know you are drinking too much.
- Try going for some gentle exercise each day. This can be a walk, house -work,swimming or anything that is not too strenuous to start with. Within a few weeks, the improvements can be quite dramatic.
- Start eating a healthy, well-balanced diet. Keep your cholesterol under control by cutting out unnecessary fats.
- Consider taking some omega 3 fish oils. This can be as a supplement or you can add more oily fish to your diet.
- If you smoke – then quit! If you are serious about improving your health then you can’t smoke. It is as simple as that!
- Use a hot water bottle when you get cold, especially for your feet. We suggest you also use a hot water bottle cover so that you don’t hurt your skin if it is too hot. It also stays warmer for longer this way too.
- Wear extra socks to keep warmer. BUT make sure they are not too tight. You don’t want to restrict the blood flow even more. It can be rather surprising just how much warmer your toes can feel with an extra pair of socks on.
- You can also try some relaxation techniques such as a little meditation or listening to music. This can be very soothing and can really lift your spirits and reduce stress levels.
- Try to not stay too long in one position such as sitting at an office desk etc. Take a break at least every hour or so. Even for just a minute and go and stretch your legs a little.
We also recommend series of exercises that are excellent for improving your circulation. Also, remember that good nutrition is essential along with the physical activity.
We recommend you do 10 push-ups in the morning after you left the shower, this will activate the movement of your arms.
We recommend stretching all your tips on the banter before getting up, this will help your circulation improves.
Perform slow movements with his head, he will turn his head to the left shoulder and keep it there for seconds then do the opposite. Then move your head slowly up and down, sticking his chin chest, repeat this 10 times.
We recommend to gentle walks at least about 2 or 3 times a week, this will improve the circulation in your legs.
This exercise is simple, extend your hands and fingers in full and then you go into a fist pushing hard, repeat 10 times this relieves cramps in his hands.
Nothing better to distress to dance, we recommend dancing or dance therapy, this will definitely relieve stress and improve your circulation significantly since this exercise works your whole body.
Please SHARE if you find this article helpful.