These days, people in their struggle to lead a healthier lifestyle, decide to replace eggs and meat with tofu in their diet.
However, although the soy industry would have you believe that this is a smart move to improve your health, it is a fact that processed soy, which includes tofu, is far from the healthy variant.
All processed soy variants contain phytates that block mineral absorption and trypsin inhibitors that block proper digestion and the worst options are in fact the fractionated products like soy protein isolate and hydrolyzed plant protein.
Even though tofu is a whole soy product and does not possess all the harmful properties, it remains to be a product which still contains the same anti-nutrients.
Health Issues Caused by Soy:
A high- soy diet is related to many health problems such as:
– Reproductive disorders
– Brain damage Thyroid problems, including malaise, fatigue, hair loss, weight gain, lethargy and loss of libido
– Developmental problems in babies, children and adolescents and premature puberty
– Soy allergies
A team founded by Dr. Daniel and her colleagues have found that soy does not reliably lower cholesterol, but raises homocysteine levels in many people. This is linked to the increase of the risk of heart disease, stroke, and birth defects. Dr. Daniel actually concluded that soy can increase your risk of heart disease.
As mentioned above, children and babies in the development stages are especially vulnerable to soy’s hormone-mimicking effects.
It is extremely important for you to note that the effects of these soy products are so potent that it is highly advisable that they should be avoided by pregnant women in order to ensure the safety of their unborn child. Your babies should never be fed soy infant formula, or toddler soy foods.
In addition, you should know that:
- Soybeans also contain hemaglutinins, which cause red blood cells to clump together. Soybeans also have growth-depressant substances, which are not fully eliminated by processing.
- The majority of soybeans (over 80%) are genetically modified, and they contain one of the highest levels of pesticide contamination of all foods.
- Soybeans are also very high in phytates, which prevent the absorption of minerals which are co-factors for optimal biochemistry in the body. These include calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc.
- Soy contains goitrogens, which are often linked to depressed thyroid function.
Is there a healthy way to enjoy soy?
Fortunately, the answer is yes. There are a few types of soy that are healthy, and all of them are fermented.
If you are one of those who enjoy soy and would prefer to consume it without being afraid of its potential harmful effects, but benefit from it instead, the healthy soy products are the following:
- Miso – a fermented soybean paste with a salty, buttery texture;
- Tempeh – a fermented soybean cake product with a nutty, mushroom-like flavor and a firm texture;
- Natto – an extremely beneficial soy variant since it is the highest source of vitamin K2 on the planet and has a very powerful beneficial bacteria, bacillus subtilis.
- Soy sauce – there are many varieties of soy sauce on the market which are made artificially using a chemical process. However, traditionally, soy sauce is made by fermenting soybeans, salt and enzymes.
To conclude, studies show that all processed soy products, such as soy milk, soy burgers, soy cheese, soy energy bars, soy ice cream, soy protein powders, are harmful to our health.
In order to avoid their damaging effects, we all need to avoid processed foods, for the vast majority of them contain soy ingredients.
All in all, we are all aware of the basics of healthy eating and we all know the rules which should be followed in order to preserve our health. Namely, processed foods should be avoided, while we should all turn to unprocessed, fermented, and fresh foods as the ideal food alternatives.
If you want to learn more health tips, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book.
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives. You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com