Cancer. The very word causes a recoil, a visceral awareness that our statistical probability of “catching” this “disease” is astronomically high. Current statistics tell us 1 out of 2 men and 1 out of 3 women will be diagnosed with some form of cancer in their lifetime. More than 1 million Americans are diagnosed each year, and this number does not include all forms of cancer.
Johanna Budwig was a brilliant scientist who did in fact, develop a protocol that cured cancer. The problem with her protocol is that there’s no money in it.
We run for the cure, we walk for the cure, we donate more than a billion dollars a year to the American Cancer Society in search for a cure, but still no cure is found. There’s no shot, no magic pill, no elixir that will wipe out cancer. Well, actually, there might be one. We do keep hearing about miracle cures from cannabis oil, but it isn’t available to the one million American citizens who will be diagnosed with cancer this year. Big Pharma has not yet figured out how they can package and sell it without decimating their lucrative cancer treatment income. So the cancer industry chugs along, with annual spending on medical care for cancer treatment totaling around 125 billion a year. Big business. Very big business. Through this conventional treatment, how many will die horrible, painful deaths, their bodies as ravaged by the “treatment” as by the disease? And why? Because there is no cure for cancer? Actually, there is.
“I have the answer to cancer, but American doctors won’t listen. They come here and observe my methods and are impressed. Then they want to make a special deal so they can take it home and make a lot of money. I won’t do it, so I’m blackballed in every country.”
These are the words of Johanna Budwig. No, she was not a charlatan or a quack. Johanna Budwig was a German scientist, a six time nominee for the Nobel Prize, who held two doctorates, one in medicine and one in pharmaceutical chemistry. She also studied biochemistry, physics, and psychology. Johanna Budwig found the cure for cancer in 1951.
Budwig had been appointed by her government to lead research into the process of hardening oils into solids–in other words, how to make margarine. Through this work, she was the first to discover that trans fatty acids (hydrogenated oils) are detrimental to health. At the same time, she discovered how to cure cancer, along with other diseases including diabetes, liver dysfunctions, cardiovascular problems, and arthritis.
Budwig discovered that cancer cells are simply cells that did not have the nutrients needed at a molecular level (with the right photons and neutrons) to properly mature. She also discovered that unlike the red blood cells of healthy people, the red blood cells of cancer patients did not contain a fatty layer. This discovery led to her cure, a cure with a 90% success rate. (It is good to note that many of her cancer patients were stage 4, sent to her after failed surgery and radiation. One can’t help but wonder if she would have achieved a 100% success rate with early state cancer or even late state cancer without earlier conventional treatment. )
She cured cancer through diet and nutrition. Her diet is a nutritionally dense, additive free, diet without animal products with the exception of quark (a cheese) or cottage cheese that is mixed with flaxseed oil. This mixture of oil and protein gives the body the needed nutrition to heal itself on a molecular level. Cancer cells are sloughed off or absorbed and the body is restored to health within three months.
Budwig wrote and published six books and many articles. She would have contributed more, had she not spent many exhaustive years in litigation with margarine companies and was restricted through the courts, at times, from publishing.
The Budwig diet has been successfully helping people with cancer, as well as Arthritis, Asthma, Fibromyalgia, Diabetes, Blood Pressure, Multiple sclerosis, Heart Disease, Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne and other chronic conditions.
To start the diet, you will need to have 2 appliances:
- A coffee bean grinder to grind the flaxseeds.
- An immersion hand-held blender (a stick-shaped mixer) It’s important to use an electric mixer rather than stirring by hand.
Please bear in mind though that a diet should always be somewhat personalized according to one’s conditions, symptoms, and tolerances. This is not a food plan. People all over the world, with different available ingredients according to their season and region are following the guidelines of the Budwig diet.
Here are some foods that many are not sure of, but they are accepted on the Budwig diet.
- Stevia, raw non-pasteurized honey, Xylitol (from Birch trees), dates, dates, figs, berry and fruit juices serve as sweeteners.
- Herbs in their natural form (pure, nothing added)
- All nuts (raw unroasted) are fine except peanuts
- All seeds, especially sunflower seeds are very complete and filling
- Raw unprocessed cocoa, shredded (unsweetened coconut)
- Cup of black tea is accepted (coffee beans are toxic and not recommended)
- Any flour is permissible as long as it’s 100% whole grain. Corn is best to avoid because of mold/fungus and genetic manipulation
- 2 or 3 slices of health food store pickles (no preservatives! – read label!)
- Freezing cottage cheese /Quark as well as fruits and vegetables is ok.
- VERY IMPORTANT: The flaxseed oil must always be kept in the refrigerator. It will keep for 12 months in the freezer. Arrange to purchase as direct as possible from a manufacturer (like Barlean’s) and when it arrives put it right away in the refrigerator. Or arrange with the local health shop to keep a supply in the refrigerator for you.
- Drink purified water.
Foods to avoid according to Dr. Budwig
- NO hydrogenated oils, NO trans-fats
- NO animal fats, NO pork
- NO seafood (lobsters, clams, shrimp, all fish with a hard shell)
- White regular pasta as well as white bread.
- NO ice cream or dairy products (other than the cottage cheese)
- NO white sugar, molasses, maple syrup or preservatives.
- NO processed foods (NO store bought pastries)
- NO Soy products (unless fermented or used for 2 or 3 weeks at the beginning if you cannot tolerate the cottage cheese)
- Avoid pesticides and chemicals, even those in household products & cosmetics.
- NO microwave, NO Teflon or aluminum cooking ware or aluminum foil.
Dr. Budwig warned against using her protocol in conjunction with other therapies that could go against the benefits of her formula. Oxygen therapies, Laetrile (Vitamin B17 injections), Vitamin C infusions should not be combined with the program. Check with the Budwig Center if you are not sure.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ: Although the Budwig diet will help immensely in your quest for abundant health, alone it may not be enough, especially if your condition is at a more advanced stage.
Whether you have cancer or other chronic health condition, it’s a very personal thing. What works for one patient, may not work for another. Each patient responds differently to disease and to the different treatments that are available.