There are very few beauty products that we can honestly say are cure-alls, but coconut oil comes pretty close. You can use it for everything from healing scars to moisturizing dry knees. Recently, all the talk about relying on this oil for fresh breath got us thinking: What can’t coconut oil do? The answer: mattify (and it took us a minute to come up with that one). Celebrities like Emma Stone count it among their favorite natural ingredients, and you should, too. We just stuck to the beauty applications here, but there are tons more tasks it can handle, from starting fires to losing a few pounds. So head to your local health-food store, pick up a jar, and allow this list to help you get creative with coconuts.
Why is coconut oil so fantastic for washing your face?
Not only is it antimicrobial, full of antioxidants, and super moisturizing, it also has been shown to work well for all skin types. And because it improves collagen cross-linking, coconut oil may help improve stretch marks, scars, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Interested in trying coconut oil on your face?
How to Clean Your Face With Coconut Oil
What You’ll Need:
What You’ll Do:
- Step 1: Put about a teaspoon of coconut oil into the palm of your hand
- Step 2: Warm the oil up in your hands by rubbing your hands back and forth
- Step 3: Gently massage the oil into your face using small, circular strokes for at least 1 minute
- Step 4: Rinse a wash- cloth under very warm water, wring out the excess water, and let the cloth sit on your face for 30 seconds
- Step 5: Gently wipe the oil from your face
- Step 6: Repeat step 4 and step 5 if necessary
- Step 7: Admire your clean and moisturized face in the mirror
- In most cases, you will not need to worry about removing your makeup prior to washing your face with coconut oil. Coconut oil is a fantastic makeup remover and works especially well with the waterproof kind.
- When using the oil cleansing method, it’s ok to rub some of the oil gently into your eyelids, but please refrain from getting it in your eyes… unless you want everything to be blurry for the next half an hour.
- After you’ve washed your face with coconut oil, in some cases, you will not need to put additional moisturizer on your face.
- Because the oil cleansing method is a deep cleansing method, it’s best to wash your face with coconut oil no more than once a day – preferably at night before bed. If you feel like you need a bit of freshening up in the morning or after a workout, the DIY Apple Cider Vinegar Facial Toner works great and will restore your skin to it’s natural pH.
Want to kick it up a notch? You can add essential oils like tea tree oil (oily skin), lavender oil (all skin types) or geranium oil (dry skin). Simply add 1-3 drops per teaspoon of coconut oil and mix well.
If you want to find more health tips & natural remedies, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book.
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives. You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
105+ Natural Home Remedies – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com