Asthma is a universal chronic airway inflammatory disease of the air passage characterized by recurring symptoms, excessive air sensitiveness, and airflow obstruction.Wheezing, prolonged expiration and fast heart rate are some of the common features. Asthmatic attack generally gets exaggerated in the morning and night. The person may turn blue at severe condition.
However, the disease can be managed, controlled and cured by alternative medicine like Yoga, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, diet regulation, home remedy, preventions and precautions, proper exercise are some of the natural treatments and natural remedy that play vital role in the treatment of the condition.
Home remedies for asthma relief
Millions of people are suffering from asthma, bronchial asthma, and bronchitis. Home remedies have the capability to such attacks and reduces the symptoms like wheezing, coughing, sneezing and breathlessness. Here are given some home remedies that can be tried at home safely without any complications.
- Lemon juice is good natural remedy.
- Boil drumstick leaves + Salt+ Pepper + Lime juice, an effective herbal remedy for the condition.
- Taking and inhaling honey is one of the widespread treatments for the case.
- Inhalation of eucalyptus oils open up airways.
- Ginger juice + Methi + honey, a very effective home remedy for the chronic condition.
- Juices of carrot and spinach provide relief.
- Onion + honey + some black pepper provide relief from congestion and ease breathlessness.
- Garlic+ milk is a beneficial remedy.
- Honey + warm water take out phlegm from the throat and used for treatment purposes.
- Massage with mustard oil and camphor over the chest provides relief in breathing.
- Use basil + honey every morning to keep away from the condition.
- Chew basil leaves + salt for natural treatment to cure it.
- Turmeric (grind) + honey are unique for it.
- Chewing of black pepper at night is also good.
- Lemon juice + ginger once a day is fine with the condition.
Diet for Asthma
Chew your food properly and eat slowly with. To avoid over-fullness on chests, always eat less than your capacity and avoid imbalanced diet. If diet changes as per complementary and alternative medicine, there is a greater chance to bring relief in asthma. One should take diet as per COPD guidelines.
Children are also at greater risk of the condition because some foods are the biggest trigger of asthma attack among children. Children with obesity are prone to it, so diet, weight loss regime and fitness is must here to reduce cholesterol.
- Green leafy vegetable, fresh fruits, and herbs are quite effective for the condition due to its antioxidant features.
- Onion contains ‘quercetin’, an anti-inflammatory compound and considered as most effective remedy.
- Citrus fruits due to its greater content of Vitamin C have inherent power to fight it.
- Predominately vegetarian diet is the good option for the patients.
- Foods rich in Vitamin A play a vital role in curing it.
- Oxygen carrying capacity of blood increases owing to antioxidant property of Vitamin E.
- Essential fatty acids, particularly omega-3 oils reduce inflammation and alleviate attacks.
- Nasal acuteness can be minimized by taking turmeric along with honey.
- Eating of ginger and black pepper is advisable.
- Take more and more lukewarm water.
- Asthmatic diet should contain of limited quantity of carbohydrate, protein and fats. He should also take more and more quantity of alkaline foods like fresh fruits, and green vegetables
Foods not for asthma
- Avoid sugar, rice, pickles, ice cream, cold drinks, etc. as all those help in phlegm formation.
- Spicy and pungent foods should also be avoided.
- Foods like cider, wine, beer and cheese may provoke asthma attack.
- Allergen foods that are responsible for it are meat, eggs, fish, shellfish, milk, chocolate, food preservatives etc.
Asthma prevention and precautions
There are so many ways to control and prevent asthma. First of all, your surrounding should be neat and clean. It is a wise decision to stay away from asthmatic triggers like pollutants, dust, smoke, medications, pollen etc.
Foods such as rice, sugar, lentils and fried one should be skipped as these items help to form phlegm.
- Bronchitis patients should always eat less than their capacity.
- Keep away from cold and damp places.
- Eat slowly and chew your food properly.
- Give much more thrust on Yoga.
- Avoid dusty places.
- Keep yourself away from mental worries and stress.
- Take 10-12 glasses of water daily but not along with meals.
- Walking, especially brisk walk should be preferred.
- Spices, pickles, tea, and coffee should be avoided.
- During asthmatic attack, taking of warm water is preferred.
- Take light dinner.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol
- Air conditioners and coolers are also harmful.
- Evade perfumes, repellents, deodorants, after-shave and air fresheners.
- Don’t drink cold water.
- Do moderate exercise.
- Avoid over- indulgence in sex.
- Bedroom should be free from allergens.
- Wash your mattresses regularly.
- Avoid cleaning the house with a broom.
- Do swim to ease your chest.
Keep your diet healthy and you will help yourself as these small diet changes can make a huge difference in case of asthma.
If you want to learn more simple and homemade remedies for asthma relief, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book. It’s a Book that’s created to help you replace the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives.
It contains 215+ effective home remedies and covers everything you will need to protect your family and save money every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses!
Included in this life changing book are:
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com