Bananas are an awesome fruit.
You might eat that delicious banana and then compost the peel, but did you know that it actually has lots of worthwhile benefits?
Peels are full of antioxidants, minerals, and vitamins, so next time you enjoy a banana, hang onto the peel and try out some of these awesome uses.
- Shoe Polish: Did you know banana peels (on the inside) make a great shoe polish? Just rub it around your shoe and then buff it with a white cloth.
- Teeth Whitener:Rub the inside of your banana peel on your teeth to whiten them. Apparently, the manganese, magnesium and potassium helps whiten the enamel of your teeth.
- Wart Cure: It only takes 1-2 weeks to remove a wart with a banana peel.
- Itch Soother: Banana peels can help relieve bug bites and poison ivy. It won’t remove the oils that cause the itching but it’ll soothe the bite or rash altogether.
- Monkey Party: Have a Curious George party and put 30 peels on your deck for the kids to slip around on!
- Silverware Polish: Blend banana peel with water and use on your silver to take the polish off with a soft cloth.
- Meat tenderizer:Add a banana peel to your next roast and it’ll add just enough moisture to ensure that roast doesn’t get too dry.
- Splinter Removal: Banana peels help ease splinters out of your skin. Place banana peel on a splinter with athletic tape for a while and then try to ease the splinter out.
- Aphid Control: Aphids don’t like banana peels. If you bury some around your roses or other plants aphids love (like cauliflower), you’ll deter them from coming around. Or, try thisgarlic/banana peel spray for aphids.
- Rose Food: Here are a few great recipes forfeeding your roses with banana peels that are rich in calcium and magnesium, as well as many other trace minerals that your flowers love.
- Bruise Patrol: Banana peels on the inside, if rubbed on a bruise, will aid in making it disappear.
- Compost: Banana peels break down pretty quickly and add wonderful nutrients to your soil. Throw them in your compost!
- Acne: Banana peels rubbed on your acne will help in the acne curing
- Dry Skin Cure: If you have psoriasis, try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on your affected areas twice a day and you’ll see the dry scaly skin dissipate.
- Hemorrhoid Cure: Yup, you guessed it. As with acne, banana peelshelp cure hemorrhoids.
- Banana Peel Message: Leave a message for your child on their banana peel by pricking out letters with a toothpick, the skin will bruise and there will be a dark brown message for your sweetie by lunchtime.
- Anti Depressant: Researchers have found that drinking boiled banana peel water (or juicing the peel) canease depression.
If you want to find more health tips, take a look at the Everyday Roots Book.
With 350+ pages, you will be able to replace all of the toxic products and medications in your home with healthier, all-natural alternatives. You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
Included in this life changing book are:
105+ Natural Home Remedies – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
75+ Natural Beauty Recipes – Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
35+ DIY Household Products & Cleaners – Never buy a toxic cleaning product again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.
Official Website: everydayrootsbook.com