This vegetable belongs to the cruciferous family of vegetables, but is often overshadowed by its green cousin broccoli. However, cauliflower deserves a regular rotation in your diet, since it contains high amounts of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals.
Cauliflower is extremely versatile, and you can eat it raw, use it in cooking, or add it to salads. It can even be seasoned and mashed for a healthier version of mashed potatoes, such as the one we suggest today.
Well, you might not like its taste, but you cannot help loving this delicious recipe!
We decided to suggest these unforgettable cauliflower mashed potato cakes and help you reap all the benefits of cauliflower. They are easy to make, low in carbs, and rich in antioxidants that strengthen the immune system.
These potato-baked cakes with cauliflower are seasoned with garlic and chives, but you can freely add more flavors and herbs and enrich their flavor. The arrowroot flour serves as a binding ingredient and gives the cakes a fluffy and crispy texture, but if you cannot find it, you can use tapioca flour or cassava instead.
Remember to eat the cauliflower cakes immediately after you make them, as warming can lead to loss of their structure.
When warm, they are simply delicious, and offer numerous health benefits!
Fluffy Garlic Cauliflower Cakes Recipe
- 4 cups of cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons of avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced chives
- 1/3 cup of arrowroot flour
- A large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic
- 4 cups of water
In a medium stockpot, bring water to boil, and add the cauliflower. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, and strain the cauliflower. Then, add it in a food processor and blend for half a minute. Then, add the egg, garlic, chives, sea salt, and arrowroot flour, and keep pulsing for 10 seconds.
In a medium skillet, heat a tablespoon of avocado oil over medium heat for two minutes.
Then, scoop 1/4 cup of the cauliflower mixture onto the hot skillet, shape it into a circular cake, and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
Serve them hot and enjoy! They are ideal as a savory snack, side, or appetizer!
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.