Celery is an incredibly beneficial vegetable, but most of us usually consume it in dips or excessively cooked. Yet, we are here to convince you to eat it more often, as it will boost your health in numerous ways!
Celery is a negative-calorie food, that lowers cholesterol levels, helps weight loss, soothes arthritis symptoms, lowers blood pressure, and detoxifies the body.
It is a member of the Apiaceae family and is cultivated all around the world. It originates from the Mediterranean and North Africa and is used in practically every cuisine. Its medicinal properties have been valued for centuries, and it has been mentioned many times in ancient Mediterranean documents, including King Tut’s tomb.
Celery is a rich source of vitamins,(A, B, C, and K), magnesium, potassium, and calcium, and phytonutrients, which provide powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
According to Jillian Levy, CHHC:
“One cup of chopped raw celery (about 101 grams) contains approximately:
- 16.2 calories
- 3.5 grams carbohydrates
- 0.7 gram protein
- 0.2 gram fat
- 1.6 grams fiber
- 29.6 micrograms vitamin K (37 percent DV)
- 453 international units (9 percent DV)
- 36.5 micrograms folate (9 percent DV)
- 263 milligrams potassium (8 percent DV)
- 3.1 milligrams vitamin C (5 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram manganese (5 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram vitamin B6 (4 percent DV)
- 40.4 milligrams calcium (4 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram riboflavin (3 percent DV)
- 11.1 milligrams magnesium (3 percent DV)
All with some sugars, celery also contains some vitamin E, niacin, pantothenic acid, iron, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium.”
Celery fortifies the immune system and boosts intracellular communication. Phytonutrients repair toxic damage to DNA and effectively prevent cancer and heart disease.
If you start consuming celery daily for a week, you will experience the following benefits:
Reduces inflammation: Celery fights inflammation and lowers the risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease and other illnesses linked to chronic inflammation.
Prevents/stops heartburn and acid reflux: Celery effectively relieves acid reflux and heartburn.
Improves cholesterol: Researchers have found that celery lowers cholesterol by 7%.
Lowers blood pressure: This veggie lowers blood pressure by 18%.
Improves digestion: Celery is high in fiber, so it regulates the bowel movements and keeps the intestines healthy.
Weight loss: Since it is rich in fiber and low in calories, celery will help you lose excess weight.
Better hydration: Celery is 95% water, so it will keep your body hydrated.
Helps maintain healthy eyes: Celery is rich in vitamin A, that treats dry eyes and prevents cornea.
Mosquito repellent: You can rub it on the skin to prevent the itchy bites of mosquitoes.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.