At the first sign of a cold or flu employ the “wet sock treatment.” This inexpensive yet effective remedy naturally stimulates and boosts your immune system fast.
According to Cathy Wong ND, “Wet sock treatment is for sore throat, ear infections, headaches, migraines, nasal congestion, upper respiratory infections, coughs, bronchitis, and sinus infections.”
So how do you do it?
Officially the treatment is known as a “heating compress,” which translated means the body is tricked, nudged or gently shocked into producing heat via increased blood circulation to warm up the cold, wet socks, explains Dr. Wallace. “The body reacts to the cold socks by increasing blood circulation, which also stimulates the immune system. You have to ‘rev up’ the immune system, so it’s ready for battle against the affliction or condition.”
As the treatment increases the circulation or acts to move the blood it simultaneously decreases congestion in the upper respiratory tract.
As harsh as it sounds, the treatment boasts a soothing side effect; it acts as a sedative. In fact, many wet sock patients have reported that the treatment enables them to sleep much better without discomfort. Another positive benefit is this non-drug treatment relieves pain and enhances the body’s innate healing response when faced with acute infections.
The treatment is most effective when it’s implemented at the first sign of illness and repeated for three consecutive nights. Note: Those who suffer from chronic health conditions or who have a compromised immune system should consult with their physician before starting the wet sock treatment.
Wet Sock Treatment Protocol
Things you will need:
1 pair of very thin socks, liner socks or polypropylene socks
1 pair of thick wool socks or thick polypropylene socks
2 sets of sweats or pajamas
1 bowl of ice water
1. Soak the pair of thin socks in the bowl of ice water. Then wring the socks out thoroughly so they do not drip.
2. Take a hot bath for 5-10 minutes. This is very important for the effectiveness of the treatment. In fact, it could be harmful if your feet are not warmed first.
3. Dry off feet and body with a dry towel.
4. Place ice-cold wet socks on feet. Then cover with thick wool socks. Put on the first set of pajamas. Go directly to bed. Place the second set of pajamas next to the bed. Avoid getting chilled.
5. Wear the socks overnight. During the night, you may wake up with your whole body wet from sweat. If so, change into the dry pajamas, but leave on the socks. You will find that the wet cotton socks will be dry in the morning.
Therapeutic grade essential oils such as: peppermint. Dabs of rosemary, lavender, thyme, and or oregano can be rubbed directly on the bottom of the feet– prior to putting on the socks of course.
Applying the oils to acupressure points located on the foot that correspond with your particular health issue can increase their effectiveness.
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.