Breathing difficulties and coughs are caused by a nasal obstruction that is often a result of the excessive amount of phlegm accumulated in the lungs. If left untreated, they can cause more severe health conditions.
Our body produces phlegm as a way to protect itself from allergies, dust, and viruses, but it thickens in the case of allergens and viruses, in order to trap foreign substances. Yet, when it accumulates in excess amounts, it can lead to bronchial issues and even lung infections.
However, there are natural ways to clear the breathing pathways and eliminate excess phlegm from the body:
Garlic- It has strong antiseptic properties, destroys bacteria and boosts the immune system. You can eat it raw or gargle with some warm water mixed with garlic oil.
Eucalyptus tea or oil have antiseptic qualities that treat upper respiratory infections and ease breathing. Boil it in some water, allow it to steep, and sip it throughout the day.
Lemon and Honey- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with a tablespoon of honey in a bowl, and take it 3 times daily. This mixture strengthens the immune system, prevents infections, and relieves coughs.
Turmeric – It has powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties, which boost immunity, treat infections, and clear excess mucus.
Ginger tea- It is a potent decongestant, with strong antiviral and expectorant properties, which relieve respiratory infections. Slice the fresh ginger root, boil it in 2 cups of water, and sweeten with honey.
Peppermint oil- It is a potent decongestant, that clears up respiratory infections. You can also prepare peppermint tea by boiling fresh peppermint leaves in a cup of water, sweeten with honey, and steep it for a few minutes.
Therefore, next time you are stuck with a cough or you suffer from some kind of respiratory issue, try some of these successful natural ways to treat them.
Additionally, the following tips will also help you eliminate excess phlegm and mucus:
- Steam inhalation is one of the most effective ways to eliminate excess mucus from your nose, throat, chest, and lungs, treat infections, and soothe irritations
- Keep the air moist, as dry air irritates the throat and nose
- Drink plenty of fluids, to keep the body hydrated in order to thin mucus
- Use a saline nasal spray or rinse, to clear out mucus and allergens from the nose and sinuses
- Gargle with salt water to soothe the irritated throat and clear away residual mucus
- Add eucalyptus products to a diffuser or a warm bath to help clear the nose
- Apply a warm, wet washcloth to the face, and inhale through it to return moisture to the nose and throat, while the heat will relieve pain and pressure
- You should not suppress the cough, as it is the natural way of the body to eliminate secretions out of the lungs and throat
- Keep the head elevated to reduce the discomfort
- Avoid smoking and secondhand smoke
You will be confident in knowing exactly what is in the products your family uses and happy with the money you will save every month.
In addition, they offer you three more bonuses + 75% discount only this month!
- 105+ NATURAL HOME REMEDIES – Treat almost any illness with natural ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
- 75+ NATURAL BEAUTY RECIPES -Get the best hair and skin you’ve ever had and look younger with these insanely clever natural beauty recipes.
- 35+ DYI HOUSEHOLD PRODUCTS & CLEANERS – Never Buy Toxic Cleaning products again! Save a fortune and your families health with these super simple homemade cleaning products that work better than the chemical ones.